about 1 year ago
Keyword: Accessories Inspector
Request Number: SCR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: St-Hubert (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 9835-Accessories - Inspection
Division: Customer Service
Sector: Accessories Business
Level required: Stagiaire
Posting Start Date: 2018-03-15
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial, regional, and general aviation aircraft and helicopters. With more than 60,000 engines in service in over 200 countries and territories, we are proud to be responsible for powering an aircraft that takes off or lands somewhere in the world every second of every day.
We are known for our culture of innovation and investment in R&D, our commitment to employee career advancement, and for giving our experts an excellent work-life balance. We offer a highly competitive salary, benefits package and rotating work hours in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force.
Power your life. Go Beyond with a career at Pratt and Whitney.
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is powered by people like you.
We have a global reputation for dependability and a track record of reliability that no other aircraft engine manufacturer can match. That reputation starts in our state-of-the-art manufacturing centres, where each engine part and accessory is made according to world-class quality standards. As an accessories inspector, you will play an integral part in ensuring that our customers’ expectations are met and our products continue to deliver optimal performance.
Are you up for the challenge?
The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem-solver who leaves no stone unturned, driven by the conviction that when it comes to quality, all the details matter. You find it rewarding to work with a range of cutting-edge equipment in a high-tech manufacturing environment. You thrive on the responsibility of conducting essential checks and processes that help determine whether accessories are “P&WC dependable.” Embracing your role as a quality leader, you enjoy working in close collaboration with other trades as part of a tight-knit team.
Specific responsibilities of position: You will be responsible for performing visual and dimensional checks of engine accessories to ensure they are configured correctly and scheduled in accordance with service bulletins, working from instructions such as sketch layout drawings and overhaul/servicing manuals.
In particular, you will demonstrate your scrupulous attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality by:
• Ensuring that repair processes have been carried out according to technical specifications
• Verifying the results of tests previously conducted on engine accessories
• Verifying checklists and rework labels to determine whether work has been performed in compliance with the applicable processes
• Issuing certificates of airworthiness
• Reporting and recording non-compliant parts or non-compliance with the Quality department’s audit requirements
• Upholding established scheduling concepts
• Reviewing statistics and making decisions regarding the continuity of operations
You will actively contribute to a smooth workflow and efficient, compliant manufacturing environment by:
• Performing quality monitoring when needed for the accessories department and repair lines
• Completing any required documentation
• Entering information in computers to track parts
• Updating various parameter logs in order to establish efficient operations using statistical process control
• Carrying out mechanical operations such as deburring, fixing lock wire and decoupling units in order to maintain the continuous flow of materials
• Performing other tasks such as washing, storing, packaging, identifying and moving parts
• Maintaining your equipment and keeping your work environment clean and in excellent condition
You will help to foster a world-class work environment and drive continuous improvement by:
• Solving problems to maintain the quality of work and flow of materials
• Participating in the development of new processes, products and turnbacks for the selection of methods
• Participating in training to acquire new skills and knowledge relating to various tasks and equipment
• Sharing knowledge and best practices with colleagues
Qualifications required: • College diploma in aeronautics or an equivalent field
• Relevant experience in the field of aeronautics
• French and English proficiency (written and verbal)
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities and analytical mindset
• Proficiency in SAP an asset
Although each application is taken into consideration, only selected candidates will be contacted. Before being invited for an interview, candidates must first pass a theoretical and practical test.
Field of studies: Aeronautics
Additional Information: Competitive vacation allowance, benefits and salary, and rotating working hours; all in accordance with the terms of the collective agreement in force;
The masculine pronoun is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of making the text easier to read.
P&WC is an equal opportunities employer, seeking to promote diversity and inclusion. We will consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.