3 months ago
ABL - Engineering Compliance Manager
Specific Job Description
1. Accountable to ABL Resident Director;
* as Chair of the Documentation Review Board.
2. Accountable to LMUK SS, Head of Assurance for;
* the welfare, duty of care and performance of assigned staff.
* the maintenance of appropriate NW / SWS safety / quality standards within the Engineering Department.
* availability of sufficient SQEP to meet operational requirements.
3. Chairman of RNAD(C)’s Material Review Board as delegated by Clyde SWS Manager.
4. Represent senior customers and partners at UK and US meetings and Technical Exchanges.
1. Provide leadership of the Engineering Compliance Department.
2. To ensure that responsibilities are understood and applied regarding the appropriate Nuclear, SWS, Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards.
3. Line management of Facility Support Quality Assurance Officer & Re-Entry and Missile / Launcher Engineering Managers.
4. Ensure all staff are adequately trained and competent to achieve performance and business requirements.
5. Provide engineering support and/or lead investigations into abnormal events, making recommendations to the ABL Management Team, LMUK SS and MoD Authorities as appropriate.
6. Maintain close and effective relationships with MoD Authorities, other ABL and LMUK SS departments on all matters affecting the delivery of ABL outputs.
7. Lead and/or support projects as appropriate in support of ABL’s Innovations Programme.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Effective leadership and line management of a medium sized team (40+ staff including leaders) in a specialist safety critical, technical (mechanical / electrical) environment.
* Experience of effective stakeholder management at various levels.
* IT literacy; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to adapt to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
* Demonstrably capable of deploying Full Spectrum Leadership imperatives and underpinning competencies.
* Experience of upholding Lockheed Martin’s Vision, Values and Code of Ethics (or equivalent).
* DV Clearance (held or ability to obtain).
* Competent user of multi-government classified IT networks, hardware and peripherals.
* UK or US sole national.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Comprehensive experience of all Trident Re-entry System, Missile and Launcher Processing and internal Transfer requirements and associated documentation control systems.
* Familiarity with UK and US SWS stakeholder structures and inter-dependencies.
* Experience of working with Trades Unions.
* Z6 Course.
* Trident II (D5) Detailed Missile Familiarisation Course (X2000) or equivalent.
* IOSH Managing Safely.
* Nuclear Emergency Procedures Course.
* Radioactive Materiel Accident Response Course.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.