2 months ago
* 03-Sep-2019 to 15-Oct-2019 (CST)
* Mobile, AL, USA
* Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: Responsible for the execution and confirmation of quality inspections as part of the production process with an emphasis on the aircraft structure.
* Execute technical inspections in the production process of the aircraft in the context of the authorization of manufacturer operation
* Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, final inspections during aircraft manufacture for compliance for compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements
* Document the technical inspections performed in the production orders SAP-based and the relevant SAL-based IT systems by inspection arks and complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports
* Support troubleshooting and participate in Quality Survey requests
* Compile all technical data of non-conformance in order to launch the SAP-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation
* Document all the results of the technical inspector in the SAP based IT system.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
* Quality Inspector Systems: A technician with a focus on Quality Inspection in system manufacturing in the aviation industry with a high school diploma.
* FAA Airframe & Powerplant License or an A&P license including inspection authorization is preferred.
* 2 years of experience as a paint Quality Inspector in an international aviation company.
* Airline experience is desirable
* A&P License (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
* Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
* Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, in English which is required operating in a multicultural and multi-functional environment.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
* Periods of frequent travel
* Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
* See primary responsibilities
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
* See primary responsibilities
Nature of Contacts:
* Involved communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties
Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings; Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
Equipment Operation: able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice.
Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions
Space Limitations: Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.