5 months ago
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Completes aircraft and engine maintenance as required or needed
* Follows established and normal aviation safety procedures and processes
* Maintains complete and accurate maintenance records
* Conducts scheduled inspections and completes follow-up as required
* Inspects engines, landing gear, instruments, pressurized sections, brakes, valves, pumps, air-conditioning systems and other aircraft related systems
* Complete necessary maintenance and repairs (replacements) on the aircraft, its subsystems, and components
* Repairs sheet metal or composite surfaces and assemblies
* Checks for and corrects corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail and other subassemblies IAW with applicable instructions and directives
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach over head
* Extensive worldwide travel required
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
* Minimum 2 to 5 years experience
* Requires an airframe and power license
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to read engineering drawings required
* FAA repair station experience required and Quality Assurance experience desired but not required
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required
* FAA A&P License
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.