about 1 month ago
Title: A&P Mechanic-BWI
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Military and civilian service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
We're proud to be an international airline providing tailored passenger charter services to a worldwide customer base. From our start in 1993, we built our airline on reliability - in our exceptional fleet, in our precise operations and, most of all, in our people. Wherever duty calls. Wherever opportunities arise. Wherever minutes count or adventure awaits. Omni Air International is there.
Our proven reputation for safety, reliability and flexibility comes from years of delivering on promises, the world over.
Location: Baltimore, MD
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The A&P Mechanic has ETOPS duties as defined in the ETOPS Policies and Procedures Manual (EPPM). Duties shall include, but are not limited to the following:
* Perform routine, non-routine and preventative maintenance in accordance with OAI manuals, manufacturers' manuals, FAR's and other established procedures to ensure timely release and continued airworthiness of company aircraft.
* Mechanics will be required to sign for work accomplished including troubleshooting deferred maintenance items, and ensure proper recording of all maintenance tasks on company documents
* Mechanics will perform all tasks assigned by Lead Mechanics, Maintenance Control or higher management
* Properly tag all repairable components including reason for removal
* When exercising authority under RII provisions, Mechanic will be directly responsible to Director of Quality and Engineering
* Attend all training courses as assigned by any supervisor
* Comply with all company rules, regulations, and procedures set forth in company manuals and policies developed by supervisor
* Keep a constant watch for safety, excessive cost of labor duplication, ensure proper and adequate equipment is used, acceptable parts or components are installed and approved hardware or supplies are used
* At stations where a Lead Mechanic is available, coordinate all troubleshooting work requests and part requirements with Lead Mechanic(s), otherwise coordinate with Maintenance Control
* Coordinate with Maintenance Control or Lead Mechanics to meet incoming aircraft, review logbook for discrepancies, and plan any corrective action needed
* The Mechanic will be responsible for keeping the work area clean (including airport ramps) and may be required to maintain or repair company property from time to time
* When onboard company aircraft, Mechanics are representing the Maintenance Department, and thereby dress appropriately and present a professional attitude
* Perform duties significant to the Lower Minimums Maintenance Program (LMP) as specified in GMM Chapter 12
* Maintain an insurable driving record under Omni insurance driving guidelines
* Performs other duties as specified by Director of Maintenance
* Must be willing to work 10-12-hour shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Position may involve some travel
* Regular attendance during regularly scheduled business hours
* High School Diploma or GED
* Valid A&P License
* Minimum of 3years heavy maintenance experience on a B767/777, and avionics.
* Valid state issued drivers’ license with clear MVR with no major moving violations within the past 3 years
* Must be able to pass a 10 year background/criminal/motor vehicle records check and pre-employment drug screen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma or GED (required)
* Valid A&P license
* B767 & 777 heavy maintenance experience and avionics required
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
* Climb stairs and ladders.
* Capable of using small tools (hammer, crowbar, and screwdriver).
* Capable of using ground equipment (Forklift, Pickup Truck) and tow trailer behind pickup truck.
* Manual dexterity to operate a computer.
* Stand – 80%
* Walk - 15%
* Sit - 5%
* Travel - 1%
MENTAL CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Careful workmanship and attention to detail
* Ability to work under stressful conditions because of degree of responsibility
* Ability to read, understand, and follow manual instructions to solve complex mechanical problems
* Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information
* Oral and written communication skill sufficient to prepare reports, and to discuss equipment malfunction
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation & Sick Time, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Flexible Spending and EAP
Open Date: 1/4/2019
This position is currently accepting applications.