about 1 year ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Cranwell was taken over from the Royal Navy by the RAF on its formation in 1918, for officer cadet training, a role it fulfils to this day as the world’s first air force college.
Today RAF College Cranwell also supports the flying task for No 3 Flying Training School (3FTS) which provides elementary flying training for pilots from the RAF, RN and Army using the Grob Tutors of Nos 16(R), 57(R), 115(R), 674(AAC) and 703(NAS) Sqns as well as advanced flying training for multi-engine pilots on the Beech King Air B200 aircraft of No 45(R) Sqn. No 45(R) Sqn also provides generic training for all RAF Weapon Systems Operators (WSOps) and advanced specialist training for those selected for the fixed wing ISTAR and ATAAR fleets. It is also home to the Headquarters of No 6 Flying Training School (6FTS) which oversees all University Air Squadrons in universities across the UK.
We are seeking an A Licensed Aircraft Engineer to join the team at RAF Cranwell, who is responsible to the Team Leader Line Maintenance and B1/2 Licenced Engineer for the correct completion of maintenance tasks both on and off aircraft.
As a Licensed Engineer, your main responsibilities will be the efficient, timely corrective maintenance of aircraft to enable aircraft availability to meet the daily flying task, management of workforce, responding to quality deficiencies and ensuring that supply procurement and requisition procedures are followed. You will also ensure the level of skills for non-certifying engineers is reviewed, and making recommendations for training requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
* Works to the priorities given to them by the Team Leader and B1/2 Licenced Engineer.
* The tradesmen under their control are properly supervised.
* The correct engineering standards and practices are employed.
* The appropriate Health and Safety precautions and Risk Assessments are observed.
* The necessary documentation and records are correctly completed.
* Discrepancies in publications or faults with equipment are brought to the attention of the Team Leader.
* The Team Leader and B1/2 Licenced Engineer is to be kept informed of the progress of work in hand.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
* Undergone a recognised course of trade training (aircraft) – essential
* Previous experience on King Air B200 highly desirable – training to be provided.
* Mechanical aircraft engineering experience
* Experience with airframes & engines
* Able to achieve satisfactory control and completion of work allocated by the Team Leader and B1/2 Licenced Engineer whilst maintaining required standards of safety in accordance with current Civil, Military and Company Procedures, with the economic use of labour.
* Holds the appropriate levels of approvals required to carry out the task.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
5 days ago
only 3 days until close
5 days ago
only 11 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close
3 days ago
only 25 days until close