11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
This position is 2nd shift - Monday - Thursday 3 pm - 1:30 am
The Welder shall be responsible for maintaining machine tools, welding equipment, and supplies.
* Use of shop and hand tools, welding equipment and other equipment required to complete tasks.
* Ability to set priorityof build.
* Maintain attention to quality while meeting production schedules.
* Ability to work effectively within a team.
* Perform welding on difficult production and prototype instrumentation piece parts.
* Demonstrate independent judgment on processes.
Other assembly work as required:
* Understand welding theory.
* Ability to successfully certify on multiple welding processes, equipment, and materials.
* Establish and maintain documented welding procedures.
* Knowledge of welding specifications.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* 3 years of experience in welding
* Plus to have auto pulse, stainless steel, inconel, or plasma arc welding.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
Background check and/or drug screen notification:
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year). Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Minimum Education Requirement: High School Diploma or equivalent
* Welder certificate must.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.