Accounts Payable Analyst
12 month contract
· Guarantees that only invoices that are in conformance with internal and external requirements are registered for payment.
· Ensures strong overall awareness of status of assigned supplier accounts (and especially accuracy of data) to ensure up to date information can be provided in response to queries either internal or external to Accounts Payable.
· Contributes to the effective management of cash in the business by only paying valid invoices and paying according to agreed contractual payment terms.
· Ensures that all Compliance and internal control related topics are followed by using the correct procedures when processing invoices, and be alert to fraud attempts.
· Main activities
· Verifying, using SAP based tools, details of incoming invoices (paper, scanned and electronic) and credit notes from suppliers - legal details e.g. correct company address; tax details e.g. VAT rate; internal references e.g. Purchase Order.
· Identify non-conforming invoices (e.g. Purchase Order missing, no Goods / Service receipt in SAP, wrong company address, wrong VAT rate, price on invoice different from Purchase Order, quantity on invoice different from Purchase Order).
· Manage non-conformance resolution process through correspondence (telephone, e-mail, meetings) with supplier and internal departments about non-bookable invoices, claims for reimbursement of discounts, balance confirmations, statements of accounts etc.
· Obtain formal confirmation and evidence of resolution of non-conformance (e.g. obtain approval note, correction of PO details, correction of price / quantity, requesting of debit balances/reclaiming from supplier, creating debit notes and sending to the supplier etc.)
· Posting of conforming invoices in SAP for payment in line with agreed credit terms.
· Verifying of balance confirmations and sending information about the status to supplier or auditor of the supplier.
· Reconcile supplier statements to Airbus Accounts Payable balance identifying all goods receipts errors (GR/IR) / missing invoices.
· Treatment of reminder notes from suppliers (if necessary requesting invoices or clarification with supplier).
· Provide input data for Accounts Payable process performance indicators (e.g. statements reconciled, reminders processed, etc.) as required.
· Provide proactive support and advice to the business and to suppliers regarding best practice on all aspects of Purchase to Pay process (e.g. eSupplyChain process requirements, EGP process requirements, VMI process requirements, EDI process requirements, self-billing process requirements, etc.
· Support Purchase to Pay process improvement / development projects either within Accounts Payable or with internal or external business partners (Procurement / Logistics / Suppliers).
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.