Line Up Aviation
is a specialist aviation and aerospace recruitment company that has been operating all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best-known companies and pride ourselves with working to the highest standard of service supported by an ingrained culture of honesty and integrity. Role:
Senior Software Engineer – 2402126 Pay:
£450- £500 per day Contract:
3 month Project Location:
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by
Requirement for job holder
- analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- integration of software onto the target platform
- providing software technical support
- supporting the company software process and procedure updates
Degree or equivalent Engineering experience
Product related training relevant to area of expertise
5-10 years’ Experience in another company, preferably also professional experience Definition of the job: This job needs to ensure that …
This job needs to contribute to …
- All equipment is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with the client’s standards;
- All supporting documents are produced in accordance with the client’s standards.
- Tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired “technical” expertise.
- The cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
Experience and skills required: Essential Experience
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in software development tools and methodologies
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the client on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
- Career development of both the job holder and their team members (if any), by agreeing challenging and business focused objectives
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience of full project lifecycle
- Experience of Requirements Management
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
- Experience of software configuration management
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”