2 months ago
$10K referral for JAVA Software Developer (Expand Your Tech skills)
Req #: 217253_20151
Location: Chantilly, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
JAVA Software Developer
Work Sites: Chantilly, VA area
Clearance Sponsorships available for qualified candidates: TS/SCI with favorable polygraph
Who we are and What You’ll Get to Do: : As the PRIME contractor we support Mission critical software application systems. Diversity of project offerings with many different applications being developed with different types of development work (front-end, middle-tier, back-end, database development, etc.). We have enjoyed serving our customer for over a decade with long-term relationships and project successes. Staff size exceeds 100 members with opportunities for growth in leadership, technical, or customer interfacing roles.
Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced Java developer skills who under minimal direction performs as a fully experienced Software Developer in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or providing complex enhancements to existing software. The Software Developer will use JAVA familiarity to develop and support big data analytics within a workflow framework, as well as improve the workflow framework itself. The Developer may also collaborate on system architecture and engineering efforts with the system administration organization.
Key Highlights of Position:
* Working in a big data environment with new and open-sourced technologies
* Fast paced; Interaction with many people on a day-to-day basis
* Integral part of the project and deals with cool data.
More about your role:
* Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified timeframe according to departmental standards and guidelines.
* Writes, modifies, and debugs software largely focused in the back-end and data layer.
* Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software; recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions; this includes validating the fix for the software problem.
* Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
* Assists in the preparation of internal software design documentation.
* Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
* Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
* Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
* Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
* Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
* Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
* Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
* Designs and maintains Big Data analytical algorithms to operate on petabytes of data.
* Works with well-structured data (compared to traditional Hadoop data).
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client. (TS/SCI with POLY+)
* Work Experience as Software Developer using Java technologies and interest to continue coding and developing.
* Understanding of data modeling.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Cascading, Apache Avro, Apache ZooKeeper, and Blur knowledge and experience.
* Object Oriented Programming, Multi-threaded programming experience, experience using continuous integration.
* General Hbase knowledge
* Experience supporting Agile software development.
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.