3 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Setup and inspect parts and assemblies. Utilize all types of standard gages, instruments, special gages and equipment specified in inspection instructions. Work to required written inspection instructions, drawings and specifications. Assist in training other personnel in a team oriented environment.
1. Responsible for performing mechanical and visual inspection tasks. Set up and use electronic gaging equipment including all conventional and unconventional mechanical inspection devices (example: wax and trace, rotary tables, surface finish measuring devices, etc.).
2. Required to setup and perform surface plate inspections as detailed in inspection instructions.
3. Required to make setups for repetitive measuring operations, and train other inspectors.
4. Required to work to Engineering drawings, sketches, inspection planning and other inspection and testing standards and specifications. This may include some in-machine inspections.
5. Responsible for documenting findings, making reports and providing feedback as required.
6. Must actively participate in a team based environment which includes, but not limited to the following: Active participation in daily team meetings and activities, cooperates and relates well with others, practices direct professional communication with team members, and is open to new ideas from team members and considers opinions different from their own.
7. Required to obtain and maintain Inspector B Certification. Training is provided for this certification.
8. May be required to complete part marking, wash, and dry lube operations.
9. Responsible for keeping facilities, material and work area orderly, exercising care in their use, maintaining good housekeeping practices and conforming to all safety and quality standards.
10. Forklifts, cranes and material handling equipment are expected to be used instead of manual lifting and carrying. Employee may be required to lift or carry objects weighing up to 50# following proper ergonomic procedures.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Must have at least 3 years manufacturing experience in set-up and operations of any 2 of the following computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining processes: drilling, milling, grinding, turning, or broaching or 2 year degree from an accredited machinist training program.
3. Must have one year of experience reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints and/or production planning.
4. Must have at least 2 years using precision measuring instruments.
5. Must be able to push, pull or lift aviation rotating parts utilizing the appropriate safety/support devices and proper ergonomic procedures (with or without reasonable accommodation).
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
1. Prior Aircraft Engines machining experience
2. Must be able to use computers and learn Microsoft Office.
3. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively in the English language.
4. Experience working in a high-performing team-based environment.
Locations: United States; North Carolina; Wilmington
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.