6 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/02/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/30/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
WestJet Cabin Crew act as ambassadors for the company, creating a remarkable experience for every guest. Ensuring everyone on board has a safe and stress-free experience, Cabin Crew deliver exceptional customer service and hospitality. In this role, Cabin Crew is entrusted with the safety and security of our guests, crew members and aircraft.
Join us as a Bilingual Cabin Crew and become an owner of an award winning, and profitable airline.
*Please note that interviews for this position will be conducted in Vancouver*
We are currently recruiting Bilingual Cabin Crew with an advanced level of spoken English and an advanced level of at least one other language specified below:
Conditions of Employment:
· Must be 19 years of age or older
· Must be able to communicate with an advanced level of written and spoken English and another language
· Must hold a current valid passport; where a Canadian Passport is not held, a Canadian Permanent Resident card (accompanied with all individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a Cabin Crew wherever WestJet operates) is required
· Must be able to reach 204 without shoe’s and the ability to raise on the balls of the feet (height of the raft compartment).
· Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Pass (requires a 5-year traceable history, a clear criminal record and a Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident Card)
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist and 22 pounds overhead
· Must successfully complete a 5-week full-time initial training program as well as recurrent annual training; both of which are held in Calgary
· Must pass a WestJet pre-employment medical
· Must be able to travel away from home for up to 6 consecutive days
· Must be ready and willing to work 24h/7d/365y; must be able to work any hour of the day, and any day of the week or year
· Must be available for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, Cabin Crew must be contactable and able to report to work within 1 hour of the request being made. Reserve is scheduled in blocks of 5 consecutive reserve days
· Must be able to adhere to strict uniform standards
· A clear criminal background check is required
· WestJet is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of our employees, our customers and the public. As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test.
· Enforce and follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with WestJet and Regulatory Standards
· Operate safety and emergency equipment such as oxygen systems, aircraft doors, evacuation slides, fire extinguishers, life rafts, galley equipment, communication equipment, and lighting systems
· First Aid certification is an asset
· Ensure and uphold exceptional guest service standards, both inflight and on the ground
· Complete service and sales in accordance with WestJet service standards
· Anticipate and adhere to guests’ needs
· Assist with the stowage of carry-on items (includes pushing, pulling reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and carrying luggage)
· Manage uncomfortable situations such as unruly guests
· Carry oneself with the utmost professionalism and poise while on-duty
· Groom oneself according to WestJet’s strict uniform standards
· Advanced level of spoken English and another language
· High school diploma
· Minimum of 5 years experience providing exceptional customer service
· Minimum of 2 years sales experience
· Must be able to solve problems and make quick decisions in the interest of crew and guests
· Must be comfortable working in confined spaces
· Must be flexible and able to work a varied schedule
· Intermediate skill level with computers
· Post-secondary education an asset
· Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
· Deliver and receive feedback
· Execute directives upon delegation
· Make sound decisions and efficiently solve problems
· Work well in a team environment
· Convey and receive messages to meet the needs of others
· Handle stressful situations with ease
**Only those candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted with further details.** Please check your junk mail.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.