11 months ago
Operate computer programmable/controlled machines to perform a series of progressive machining operations in the manufacturer of Aircraft Engine Parts.
• Performs all types of Machining. This includes developing proficiency in at least one operation(part/family) and training on a 2nd operation(part/family). Understands their operation(part/family) and uses this knowledge to meet team goals and measurements.
• Basic technical duties include but are not limited to operating CNC machines; reading and understanding operation sheets; reading and understanding operational sketches and blue prints; deburring and polishing hardware; troubleshooting quality problems; performing in process check location; performing re-cuts or running rework after set up; occasionally running unproven programs (temp planning); performing inspection using a variety of precision measuring and test equipment.
• Receives detailed instructions on above duties until method and routine of operations have been learned, at which time employee proceeds on his or her own, referring unusual problems to higher level employee.
• Works with higher-level employees and support staff in performing their operations. Such work may include performing duties specified above; providing assistance (i.e. data, machine operation) in troubleshooting issues and assist to resolve such issues.
• Works within a team to perform the above duties, to understand and meet the team as well as facility operational targets, and to recognize where to look for policies and procedures affecting the team.
• Familiarity with computer systems such as Outlook e-mail, Common Shop Floor, XMI, WJ Web, and Shop Floor menu applications; as well as concepts such as lean manufacturing.
• Embrace the team environment, willingness to train and mentor new team members, actively participate in daily team meetings/activities, cooperate/relate well with others, practice direct/professional communication in all interactions, open to new idea, considers opinions different from their own, maintain an excellent attendance record, participate in at least one committee/plant activity in every two year period, and work to understand the needs of their team, facility, and customer.
• Must be 18 years of age or older to work at GE Aviation – West Jefferson
• Requires a HS diploma/GED equivalent
• Requires the ability to use simple blueprints, simple arithmetic such as addition and subtraction of decimals and fractions, and the use of precision measuring instruments (Calipers, Mic’s, CMM’s, Dial Indicators, etc.)
• Requires the ability to work from detailed instructions and planning.
• Commitment to workplace safety (of self and others), quality and integrity of work performed
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in a high-performance teaming environment
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly
• Ability to work overtime (OT)
• Strong attendance record
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; North Carolina; West Jefferson
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.