7 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Aviation, one of the most leading aerospace companies in the world is seeking a Wellness Coordinator / Occupational Nurse - Lead Nurse RN, BSN (CCM or COHN desirable) to perform and provide oversight of occupational services at a GE Aviation manufacturing site in Grand Rapids Michigan.
AS the Wellness Coordinator / Occupational Nurse, you will drive metrics, compliance, and outcomes per GE Requirements, goals, and objectives to impact quality of care, disability cost, and compliance.
In the role of Wellness Coordinator / Occupational Nurse, Job functions shall include :
* Injury Management and treatment
* Episodic care
* Medical Surveillance exams
* Disability Management / RTW program
* AED program
* and Delivering Programs or Education on Health and Wellness
* BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) from an accredited university or college (Or RN Certification with 2 years of experience in health services or related field)
* Current, Unrestricted State Licensure and DEA numbers
* 2 years of experience in Wellness and Non-Occupational Risk Management, ER / Medical Surgery or Health Initiatives and Implementation
* 3 years managerial or team lead experience (Including Experience with data tracking, analyzing and trending as well as reporting information to GE program leads and operational staff)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* 5 years of experience in an occupational health services position (Including but not limited to:
* Experience working in large, matrixed organization
* Experience with EMR, occupational health information systems
* Experience in OSHA medical components
* Experience with Worker's Compensation) years of experience in an occupational health services, preferably in an industrial (non-hospital) environment
* Experience in Six Sigma / Lean process strongly preferred
* Experience with Excel
* Expertise in wellness program implementation
* Expertise with corporate EAP programs and referrals
* Training and education in Behavioral Modification programs preferred (Prevention & Wellness Services)
* Ability to work with and under the direction of the GE site Interface Manager, GE Employee Health and Productivity Program (contract) Administrator, GE Medical Program Lead and Global Nurse Manager - Clinical Operations & Services
* Ability to work with multiple customers within GE and demonstrate; customer focus and satisfaction
* Ability to manage cross functional teams and represent GE's vision
* Ability to communicate with medical professionals in the community including local and state health departments and EMS
* Focused on patient / employee confidentiality issues and its application to Disability, EHS and Human Resources
* Expertise in wellness program implementation
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills
* Negotiation skills
* Ability to prioritize and direct resources appropriately
* Clinical acumen
* Goal directed, self starter
* Proactive in approach, metric driven
* Demonstrated leadership ability; active in professional organizations
* Professional presence including appropriate identification at all times
* Must be flexible and highly adaptive to change
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids