7 months ago
Responsible for maintenance and repairs using various welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of weldable materials as specified by work orders, blueprints, sketches or charts. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Operates metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures using TIG welding processes.
* Produces a variety of parts from shop drawings to conform to specifications.
* Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
* Operates brazing and soldering equipment. Operates metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines. Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications..
* Thorough understanding of tool design and fabrication methods and processes.
* Ability to understand and follow company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Experience using measurement tools including mics and calipers.
* Ability to work independently for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Completion of a welding apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
* Minimum of 4 years welding experience; aerospace industry a plus.
* Attainment of trade certification.
* Attainment of applicable welding ticket(s).
* Must be authorized to work in the US.