9 months ago
*** 2nd Shift Opening ***
* Operates metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures using TIG welding processes.
* Produces a variety of parts from shop drawings to conform to specifications.
* Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
* Operates brazing and soldering equipment. Operates metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines. Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Thorough understanding of tool design and fabrication methods and processes.
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Experience using measurement tools including mics and calipers.
* Ability to work independently for extended periods of time.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Completion of a welding apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
* Attainment of trade certification.
* Attainment of applicable welding ticket(s).
* Minimum of 5 years aerospace welding experience.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S