12 months ago
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today. In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner. Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
With annual sales of $13 billion in fiscal year 2014, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company employs approximately 57,500 people in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 59 consecutive years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Performs a wide range of routine to complex manual welds utilizing a variety of process methods and equipment on several different types of stainless steel and aluminum alloys in the fabrication or repair of assigned parts and products.
1. Performs a variety of approved welding techniques to required tolerances per engineering specifications; may perform work on new product development or experimental materials under the direction of engineering.
2. Learns and supports lean manufacturing concepts and methods including cell setup, mapping and value streaming for efficient product flow.
3. Read and understands product and process drawings, procedures, weld symbols and quality requirements.
4. Make adjustments, within procedural limits, to fine tune the process in order to achieve product conformance.
5. Assist and train other employees in daily activities as needed
6. Perform full set-up and maintain to assure quality and repeatability; may be required to set-up for other welders.
7. Maintain appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilize this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments
8. Maintain a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements.
9. Document and log all parts as necessary and maintain all required paperwork in an accurate and current manner.
10. Maintain a high level of welding quality as documented by actual reject/nonconformance charting.
11. Maintain work area and equipment in an organized, clean and FOD-free manner.
12. Obtain and maintain all required qualifications and certifications in all appropriate metals.
13. Accurately inspect and appropriately process all work performed; discover/detect defects, analyze and take correction.
14. Actively implements lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tolls in work area.
15. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean orderly work area.
16. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Three to five years related welding experience including TIG welding for stainless and aluminum fabrication. Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) experience with aerospace or precision fabrications. Completion of welding training program through vocation school or apprenticeship. Able to work with limited guidance in a team environment.
2. Must be AWS D17.1 and/or D17.2 certified within 6 months of employment. Ability to obtain AWS B2.2 and AWS C3.4 certification within 6 months of employment.
3. Demonstrated proficiency welding GTAW of various alloys including A357, material thickness range .030 to .200 inches, pass NDT of all weld with radiographic and FPI. Proficiency in RSW desired.
4. Must successfully pass the EN-288 welding tests.
5. Ability to weld tanks and components from mechanical drawings, blueprints and written specifications.
6. Ability to interpret weld requirements from blueprints, WPS’s, RSWP’s and BPS’s.
7. Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum and some exotic materials.
8. Ability to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations.
9. Ability to read, write and understand instructions, procedures, drawings and blueprints
10. Able to effectively apply lean initiatives.
11. Demonstrates effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
12. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access online information and use specialized automated systems (PMR, TORS, email etc.)
13. Effectively demonstrates team member competences and participates in goal setting, performance feedback and self-development activities.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; the use of hands and fingers to write, operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone keypad. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.
Parker is an equal opportunity employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran. U.S Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
This job is part of a job family and will be filled at a level appropriate to the selected applicant's experience.