9 months ago
Value Stream Manager, Operations
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54710BR Date posted 10/03/City Fairfield
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a global supplier of technologically-advanced aerospace products. We are a premier designer and manufacturer of integrated aerospace systems for nearly everything that flies -- from tip to tail -- for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft applications. UTC Aerospace Systems can be found in over 90% of the world's aircraft and has over 180 locations worldwide. Our powerful aerospace solutions are advancing human flight and more importantly, creating safer and better aircraft. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges -- safely, ethically and responsibly. UTC Aerospace Systems in Fairfield, CA is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Value Stream Manager supporting Operations.
The Value Stream Manager (VSM) will be responsible for the manufacturing associated with production and support process of all PAD products (40 million dollar VS). This will include the management of a ~40 combined hourly & salary production associates and the coordination of buying, planning, quality/manufacturing engineering resources to support this product line. Through this team, the VSM will manage process improvement and day to day activities to achieve yield, delivery and productivity improvements. The VSM will participate in product development projects and in a team oriented environment. Responsible at all times for promoting a positive safety culture and awareness within area of responsibility. Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
* Direct and coordinate the execution of manufacturing operations and schedules based on sales requirements and value stream capacity; measure performance in safety, quality, delivery, and cost. Control quality, cost of production and maintenance
* Develops, plans and implements processes and procedures to ensure manufacturing targets and performance goals are met and drives initiatives for continuous improvement. Emphasis in low volume, high product mix manufacturing environment
* Drives cost reduction initiatives and first pass yield improvement
* Develops capacity plans and recommendations for staffing and capital projects
* Provides input in development of strategic manufacturing plans to achieve company objectives
* Champions the organization’s culture and sets example for pursuing strategic vision.
* Trains, develops and evaluates subordinates to improve current performance and prepare for future positions within organization
* Creates policy deployment objectives and initiatives for policy deployment.
* Ensures that departmental and support personnel are focused on continuous improvement and supports lean culture of products and processes
* Enforce, promote, monitor and develop a safe work environment ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws relating to environment, health and safety, etc. Implement safety and quality policies and standards and attain established goals. Assess and enforce corrective action for non-compliance
* Utilizes Policy Deployment Progress Reviews (PDPR’s) to ensure conformance to organization’s goals and initiatives; ensures timely completion.
* Researches and recommends new technology, process improvements, cost reductions, and systems modifications
* Prepares and presents information to senior management on performance results.
* Complies with all safety and environmental regulations, and works to create and promote a safe working environment.
* Adheres to all UTC rules and codes of conduct and quality procedures
* Other duties as assigned
Qualification: 5+ years manufacturing experience and 3-5 years proven supervisor experience. Some experience managing P&L for manufacturing preferred.
• Ability to manage in a fast paced environment
• Excellent demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and strategic skills
• Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and coach employees
• Ability to perform multi-faceted projects in rapidly changing environment
• Resourceful and well organized
• Results oriented, with sound judgment
• Excellent trouble shooting/problem resolution ability
• Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team, demonstrate strong leadership/supervisory ability
• Understanding and use of: statistics/data analysis, bills of material and engineering changes
• Detailed knowledge about industrial engineering, Kaizen, and other Continuous Improvement techniques
• Must be able to work hours in excess of 40 per week
Supervision: Does this position supervise other employees? Yes
Work Environment / Other Position Requirements:
• Works in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, often requiring frequent movement
• Must be able to access, input, retrieve and send information via computer and telephone.
Travel: Indicate travel requirements and location.
10% of time traveling
• BA/BS degree w/5+ years of experience in manufacturing, finance, operations and commercial practices
• MA/MS degree w/3+ years of experience in manufacturing, finance, operations and commercial practices
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.