7 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is looking for talented UX/UI Designer to work with our internal team to design and develop our next generation employee engagement platform. Simply put we want to amaze our users and make them fall in love. We are looking for someone to bring forward their finest work with uncompromising attention to every detail.
* Works in close collaboration with Product Managers, Developers & other team members to design a great product that delight users and interfaces that meet usability best practices
* Work closely with the development team and other stakeholders to build storyboards, proof-of-concept, wireframes, mock-ups, demos and prototypes
* Interact directly with software developers to define application workflows and screen layouts
* Produce UX and UI design elements to bring features and products to market
* Collaborate on the definition of user interface design standards, optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel
* Conduct ongoing research of UX and UI development best practices
* Conduct usability tests, task analyses and user surveys
* Create wireframes and prototypes for testing and quick feedback as well as defining design requirements
* Participate in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, designing, and developing new features and products
* Explore tools and methods to optimize the design and implementation process
* Act as an advocate for the user as you design and present the experiences that help users achieve their goals
* Facilitate collaboration and feedback with/from customers, users, developers and other stakeholders
* Key Deliverables will be:
* Hi-fidelity Mockups
* Wireframes and UX requirements
* Fully functional prototypes
* Library of reusable UI elements and assets
* Complete documentation on all deliverables (English only)
* Provide all deliverables in English and French
* UX and UI design skills including knowledge of
* Apple's human interface guide
* Androids material design
* Building solutions for multiple channels while maintaining a consistent experience across platforms and devices
* Strong knowledge and understanding of building exceptional User Experiences
* Building UX/UI for mobile apps (Phones / Tablets)
* Building UX/UI for web sites
* Building click through prototypes for collaboration and usability testing
* Work within corporate branding guidelines
* Education in Human Computer Interaction or related design program, or equivalent experience
* 3 – 5 years of UX/UI design experience
* Exceptional attention to detail and strive for the highest quality in design, down to the last pixel
* Excellent communication skills and able to explain design choices and provide meaningful feedback to Product Managers, Developers, and other members of the team
* Experience in developing and testing prototypes, as well as performing user interviews and product testing
* Experience with Sketch, InVisionApp, Photoshop, Axure an asset
* Proven experience using user research methodologies and creating brief documents
* Ability to design layout/UI storyboards and process flow charts
* Ability to document designs requirements and UI for development (in CSS or other formats)
* Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations
* Creativity with respect to idea generation and solution implementation
* A strong understanding of web and mobile technologies and design principles.
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues.
* Attention to detail, user first orientation, and creativity in problem-solving.
* Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles.
* Ability to link technology to business requirements.
* Adaptability to evolving device technologies into systems environment and innovation.
* Excellent analytical skills.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.