about 1 year ago
***Now Hiring Interior Technicians with experience in Upholstery (working with foam, seats and/or sewing)***
This hourly, non-exempt full-time position requires a thorough understanding of aircraft interiors in addition to an advanced knowledge of upholstered items found in aircraft interiors. Modifications, repair, refurbishment and reinstallation of interior components are primary functions. Ability to evaluate and adjust on modifications essential. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Upholstery Team Leader. May be required to work independently.
- Able to perform major modifications to seats and related items as required.
- Must possess a working familiarity with different seat styles typical to aircraft.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Work independently when required.
- Perform complete upholstery refurbishment of aircraft seats from start to finish. Such duties include inspection, disassembly and assembly, prep work, foam work, patterning, sewing and installation of dress covers.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Assist with training to ensure job knowledge and performance of lesser-experienced employees.
- Must be able to diagnose seat problems in and out of the aircraft and perform necessary corrective actions.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of FAA flammability requirements for all materials used.
- Must be able to complete all required paperwork per work order book.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Experienceyears experience on aircraft upholstery.
Knowledge of materials and foams used in aviation.
Knowledge of repairs and techniques used on various seat styles.
1 - 2 years heavy modifications preferred.
InitiativeSelf-motivated and able to maintain a rapid pace.
Able to process work with minimal supervision.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Responsibility Able to perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Follow all company and safety rules during performance of duties.
Maintain customer oriented work habits.
Perform major modification work.
Training of lesser-experienced employees.