6 months ago
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, is seeking Senior Software Engineers to contribute to the development of next-generation autonomous aircrafts. Our contributions to the aerospace industry include the world-record breaking Orion aircraft, the first fully autonomous helicopter (AACUS), a flying taxi and a solar plane to name a few.
In these role, you will be part of a highly collaborative environment in which you will work independently on a a multi-disciplinary team to design and develop flight and/or mission-critical onboard software for UAV systems. As such, candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and develop new skills.
The Sr. Engineer typically has a leadership role within Aurora. That role may be a subject matter expert with deep knowledge in a software language, the design of high integrity software, or complex algorithms. That role may also include leading a small team of software engineers responsible for an entire subsystem.
* Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
* Education Requirements: B.S. and Preferably M.S. in One of the Following Engineering Degrees
* Aerospace Engineering
* Computer Science
* Relevant Discipline
* Experience Requirements:
* 8 (+) Years of Relevant Software Development
* Interest and Working Knowledge Normally Include a Mix of:
* UAS or Autonomous Vehicles
* Robotic System Guidance
* Navigation and Control
* Ground or Airborne Mission Systems
* General Aerospace Flight Control or Cockpit Avionics Systems
* Ground Stations
* Payload Control
* Model-Based Design and/or Model-Based Test
* Mathworks Simulink/Stateflow Auto-Coder Toolchain
* CMMI (level 3 or higher)
* C/C++, Qt, or Java
* Human Machine (HMI) Interactions
* Programming C/C++ Low Level Algorithms
* Microcontrollers and Embedded Processors
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer