9 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Employees in this position will independently operate and adjust equipment and machines to fabricate tube and duct assemblies. These employees will use predetermined tool setups and machine settings to accomplish various tasks to produce ducting assemblies. Employees will make adjustments for tube bending equipment requiring ball mandrels and wiper dies.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Employment in this position also requires lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling less than 10 pounds and up to 35 pounds, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, contact with metals, exposure to noise and moving parts, and the use of personal safety gear for face/eye, hand/arm, ears and feet.
* Check machines for missing, loose, or damaged equipment.
* Use computer/paperwork to determine what jobs are to be accomplished.
* Obtain work package from storage rack based on schedule requirements or set up that is on machine.
* Work priority jobs first or those requested by coordinator or supervisor.
* Ensure that correct material (type, size, heat lot, and quantity) is available and free from visible defects.
* Prepare to set-up job or run previously set-up job by reviewing work order, tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents, blueprints, or CATIA plots.
* Identify type of set-up required.
* Select and install machine accessories and holding devises (e.g., collet, radius block, pressure die, clamp die, mandrel, mandrel rod, and wiper die, if needed).
* Verify that apparatus is in good condition.
* Adjust machines by setting centerline, adjusting collet, mandrel rod length, pressure die, wiper die if used, and machine pressure.
* Check machine set-up and/or parts completed by previous operator to determine progress on a job and ensure safe working conditions, as required.
* Select or devise proper tooling plates/holding fixtures to ensure parts are correctly positioned.
* Use hand/power tools and (PME) Precision Measuring Equipment to ensure ducts and tubes are built to specifications, as required.
* Perform various steps in the manufacturing process (e.g., bending, trimming, sizing, cleaning, pressure test and machine weld operations) to produce finished tube and duct assemblies.
* Check tubes using five axis digitizer (Super Gauge) and enter data into tube bending machine to make any needed corrections of bend angles.
* Set up checking fixtures on mylar pattern to index points and check tubes for correct bends and mark tube ends to be trimmed to correct length.
* Detect faulty tools/machines and take corrective action/initiate paperwork, as required to return tool/machine to within specifications.
* Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g. coolants, solvents, shop towels) in approved manner (per Material Safety Data Sheets and Boeing requirements) using personal protective equipment as required.
* Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing and that there are no defects.
* Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions as required.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Experience using a computer
This position requires all current Boeing employees working in Washington and Oregon to apply via an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) in order to be
Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings
Experience from a CORE PLUS program
Training from a community and technical college manufacturing program
Experience setting and using precision measuring tools
Contingent Upon Program Award