2 months ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Fabricates and assembles semi-complex tubing components for air, fuel, oil, hydraulic, and related systems of aircraft and spacecraft, according to specifications, using hand tools, power tools, rotary draw tube bending machines (semi-automatic, automatic, and CNC), equipment, measuring instruments, and measuring systems. Performs work with limited direction on new assignments.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Reads work order, blueprints, sketches, and bend data charts, or works from master tubing templates to determine tubing dimensions, configuration, and finish specifications.
2. Establishes trim lines of semi complex parts and relationship of parts to each other, using master tube data, master template, and measuring systems.
3. Sets up and operates variety of manual and power machines to cut, form, swage, flare, and burr tubing according to specifications.
4. Sets up and performs single operations using semi-automatic or automatic tube bender up to 1”
5. Sets up and performs semi complex multi bend operations on CNC benders up to 1”.
6. Sets up standard jobs on CNC benders.
7. Generates set up sheets for benders.
8. Attaches fittings, such as nuts, sleeves, collars, and caps, to tubing components, using hand tools and machines.
9. Aligns, fits, and assembles tubing components in jigs and fixtures for subsequent welding.
10. Measures and inspects tubing components for conformance to master tube data, using master template, and/or measuring systems.
11. Tests tubing assemblies for leaks and other defects, using pressure testing equipment.
12. Marks identifying information on tubing, using electro-chemical etching device, label, or other method.
13. Cleans and lubricates tubing and assemblies.
14. Removes minor imperfections by use of mechanical or manual methods according to approved process instructions
Secondary Responsibilities/Non Essential Functions:
1. Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work areas.
2. Provides assistance and/or training to lower level team members.
3. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and maintains clean, orderly and foreign object damage (FOD) free work area.
4. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule.
5. Runs bump machine.
6. Performs all rigid tube processes.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires High School Diploma or equivalent and three-five years of related experience including degreasing using solvents and aqueous degreasing methods, preparing tubing for bending and preparing tubing components for stock or transport.
2. Demonstrates product and process knowledge by applying it to newly learned techniques.
3. Must be able to run all benders.
4. Must be able to set up and maintain 1400 bender.
5. Performs basic mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
6. The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers about work product and processes and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be proficient in reading and understanding written instructions, procedures, blueprints, route sheets and test specifications. Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
7. Possesses strong mechanical reasoning skills.
8. Able to implement and effectively apply lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
9. Must be able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
10. Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self-service to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e-mail).
11. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to move about inside the plant to operate machinery. The team member occasionally remains in a stationary. The team member is required to operate manual machining equipment, plant machinery and tools to assemble parts and use test equipment. Must be able to detect and identify parts and tools and inspect work for defects and accuracy. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to move parts or equipment weighing up to 10 pounds distances of up to 30 feet. The team member may be exposed to various solvents and lubricants as well as extremes in temperature or humidity.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)