5 months ago
Under the guidance of the Manager, Training and Development the Training Officer will consult and collaborate with internal customers to source and/or design effective learning programs as requested. With a focus on skill based requirements for roles in various departments (production, materials, engineering), solutions may include OJT, classroom, online or blended delivery methods. In this role you will coordinate, deliver and evaluate training for a diverse customer base over multiple locations, following established processes.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Consult with internal departments to determine training requirements
* Conduct thorough annual needs analysis in consultation with internal customers
* Work collaboratively with the training team and internal customers to design and/or source solutions
* Drive and lead projects through the full training lifecycle
* Liaison with internal and external subject matter experts to source necessary expertise
* Develop training materials in accordance with established processes
* Coordinate and/or deliver training sessions
* Coach and mentor SMEs and junior team members in training delivery skills
* Maintain records and generate reports within Learning Management System
* Assist the Training Manager in documenting policies and procedures
* Assist the Training Manager in developing KPIs and reviewing achievement against deliverables for the L&D function.
* Other duties and special projects as assigned
* Above average communication and facilitation skills
* Proven leadership skills both in classroom and leading projects
* Customer Service attitude combined with excellent people skills
* Ability to adapt to a broad range of employees at all levels of the organization
* Experience coaching and developing training facilitators
* Understanding of full training lifecycle, adult learning principles and other generally accepted training standards
* Experience in a variety of training delivery techniques, eg, online, classroom, OJT
* Certificate in Adult Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
* 5-10 years, hands on experience in training development and delivery
* Experience in developing online training, using Articulate Storyline, is considered an asset
* Experience in SABA LMS is considered an asset
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.