about 1 year ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles) and Pittsburgh, and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Quality Assurance, this position supports Porter’s Approved Maintenance Organization by performing functions related to Technical Operations Training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop, coordinate, and conduct initial, recurrent, upgrade and additional training programs, with focus on the line maintenance team, including base engineers, ACAs, AMEs and apprentices in YTZ and at our stations
* Assist with the development and maintenance of the Technical Operations Training Control Manual (TCM) in coordination with the Manager, Maintenance Quality Assurance and Director, Maintenance (PRM)
* Assist with the maintenance of training records for line maintenance personnel and the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) courses and material
* Oversee InfoWerk online technical training to ensure compliance with requirements set out in the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
* Ongoing training development in areas such as AME/ACA/Lead/MOC upgrades, RAAS training, aircraft system maintenance and troubleshooting, line maintenance operations, log book training, etc.
* Provide letters of recommendation to the Manager, Line Maintenance
* Promote current policies and procedures defined in the Maintenance Policy and Maintenance Control Manuals and incorporated Detailed Procedures Documents
* Revise existing procedures and generate new processes to enhance safety, knowledge and efficiencies
* Participate in regular departmental meetings
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* A college diploma in aircraft maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational facility
* DHC-8-Q400 endorsement
* A minimum of five years’ experience working on the DHC-8-Q400
* Experience working in a leadership role within an Approved Maintenance Organization (eg. Maintenance Operations Coordinator, Lead Aircraft Certification Authority, etc).
* Experience in learning and adult learning facilitation is an asset
* Highly knowledgeable of the DHC-8-Q400 as well as Approved Maintenance Organization and Air Operator processes, and possess the ability to present their subject in an effective manner
* Excellent working knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulations with particular regard to CAR 573.06 and 706.12 including all associated standards
* Proficient computer skills with the ability to generate published documents
* Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive unit
* Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced work environment
* Proven leadership skills with the ability to foster learning
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to secure and maintain restricted airport security clearance
* Must maintain a valid passport and be able to travel when require
LOCATION: Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date January 3, 2018
* Reference ID 54-34-14