9 months ago
Boeing is seeking an International Trade Compliance Analyst. This position will be based out of our Fairfax Virginia location and support Boeing Electronic & Information Solutions Division. In this role you will author Export licenses and other related documents which will enable Boeing business development and program managers to conduct business compliant with USG regulations and requirements.
* Combine the multiple elements of Global Trade Control requirements, develop, plan and execute strategic solutions in support of enterprise objectives
* Prepare, submit and track all ITAR agreements, commodity jurisdictions, general correspondence letters, ITAR and EAR licenses, and commodity classification requests
* Review, approve, and manage use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions.
* Conduct all post-approval compliance requirements (i.e. reports, amendments, notifications, closures, license returns)
* Conduct and document internal jurisdictional and classification determinations with engineer assistance
* Process all public release requests
* Work with freight forwarders and customs brokers to facilitate international shipments
* Interface with key stakeholders and provide comprehensive regulatory and policy solutions to enhance strategic alliance
* Manage licensing processes and provide Subject Matter Expertise on US Government (USG) Export policy and procedure to the program, and monitor the status of licenses to ensure no gaps in coverage due to expirations or policy change
* Collaborate with the Program Team to develop concepts, write/review white papers, and coordinate technical responses to external (USG) inquiries on export issues in support of Boeing’s position
* Identify documents, develop and deploy regulatory documentation for high profile and/or precedent setting activity with significant business risk and/or sensitive policy issues involving industry partners, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and multiple regulatory agencies.
* Monitor trends in government, industry, and technology and recommend approaches to deal with change
To be successful in the role you should have the ability to comprehend aspects of defense technology and USG policy related to technology, Defense, and international relations. Confidence in one's own professional competency and the ability to communicate regulatory imperatives to team members and supervisors. Acumen to diplomatically exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of an organization. Excel in an environment where first-pass quality of work is expected, and failures can result in significant financial
damage or lost opportunity to the business unit. Exhibit ability to take basic instructions and situational business requirements such as deadlines, operating parameters, and formatting requirements, and arrange the needed activity to meet those objectives.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelor's and typically 6 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (required)
* The ability to obtain a US Top Secret / SCI Clearance post hire
* Five or more years experience with International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
* Experience with or education in United States disclosure policies
* Experience interacting with the US Government regarding trade controls
* A current US Top Secret / SCI clearance
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award