12 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Working with the Director, organize and manage the analysis and administration of total rewards projects and activities.
* Assist with the development, communication and deployment of Total Reward model
* Compensation Activities:
* Actively participate in the design, roll out and management of competitive compensation programs
* Assist in the maintenance of competitive salary structures
* Conduct, participate in and analyze market compensation surveys to determine market position and make recommendations to maintain competitiveness
* Participate in the communication, administration and implementation of various components total rewards
* Assist in the design of compensation policy and guidelines and verify appropriateness and adherence to guidelines
* Actively manage the annual compensation processes - merit increase and bonus processes
* Develop communications related to compensation. Review and recommend enhancements to current procedures and processes
* Prepare a variety of reports and analysis in relationship to compensation using advanced excel skills, or other reporting tools
* Develop productive and constructive relationships with internal stakeholders, peers, external agencies, company management and employees.
* Respond to Corporate compensation requests, prepare reports as required.
* Provide consultative support to HR Business partners and line management on the design of new roles and the development of job descriptions to accurately reflect the nature and scope of the work
* Maintain job description catalogue.
* Assist in the design of and administer the job evaluation process to ensure internal equity which includes reviewing organizational structure, and working with HR and line management to understand the background for new or changed roles
* Maintain job classification in relationship to Employment Equity, and Corporate requirements
* Map jobs to Corporate job codes
* Manage bonus programs and processes
* Track corporate long term incentive program participants (ie equity awards)
* Working with Director, and benefits broker, modernize current benefit program
* Manage and administrate Retirement Savings Plans
* Review Benefits renewal with broker annually and make recommendations to maintain affordability
* Work with benefits providers, internal stakeholders to tie Wellness and Benefits
* Manage benefits administration
* Monitor short term disability activity, relationship with vendor
* Act as a resource for internal stakeholders on compensation, benefits, total rewards activities, policy etc.
* Verifies and reconciles the calculation of monthly premium statements for benefit policies and maintains data relative to premiums, claims and costs.
* Resolves administrative problems with the carrier representatives and/or other benefit vendors.
* Provides support in all aspects of total rewards including compensation and benefit programs; base pay, incentive pay plans, job evaluation policies and procedures, and market data analysis.
* Manage Executive benefits
* Prepare communication & presentation materials as required.
* Participate with team members in HR programs related areas as required: performance management etc.
* Innovative, creative, proactive self starter
* Excellent communications skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects within timelines / multi task assignments simultaneously
* Relationship management skills: Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
* Solid technical, analytical and communication skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications including excel
* Strong data analysis, statistical analysis, survey techniques and reporting skills.
* Knowledge of HR systems and HR processes
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
* CHRL certification or greater (or other equivalent certification) is an asset
* Work@Work certification an asset
* 5+ years experience in HR
* 2-5 yrs in compensation role
* Previous experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment is an asset
* Experience working with a shared services team, and in a shared services environment an asset
* #L1 - LP2
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam