8 months ago
* Manufacture, fabricate, assemble, and repair precision tools, dies, fixtures, inspection gages, equipment, etc., working to extremely close tolerances.
* Determining and planning operation sequences, production schedule, materials, machines, tools, feeds, speeds, etc., required for job completion.
* Performing complicated machine set-ups and operations, utilizing a wide variety of precision toolroom equipment such as lathes, milling machines, precision grinding machines, jig mills, electrical discharge machines, etc., both conventional and numerically controlled.
* Read and interpret mechanical blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications, drawings, etc. to plan and complete job assignments.
* Performing advanced mathematical calculations using algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
* Performing inspection functions using complex precision measuring tools, gages, and equipment to ensure job completion accuracy.
* Training duties.
* Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
* Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
* Associate’s degree in a technical-related field from an accredited college with a minimum of 3-years of experience in tool and die advanced machine tool technology manufacturing; Or
* High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4-years of experience in tool and die advanced machine tool technology manufacturing; Or
* Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 4-years of experience in tool and die advanced machine tool manufacturing.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the set-up and operation of a multitude of precision machine tools both conventional and numerically-controlled.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of precision inspection gages, measuring tools and instruments.
* Experience in performing advanced mathematical calculations to include algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
* Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpretation of mechanical blueprints, engineering specifications and drawings.
* Performing NC controlled machine off-sets, modifications, and programming.
* Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
* Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
* Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
* Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.