4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater piece of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
A Tool Designer is responsible for collecting design criterion and completing functional designs of many types of tooling utilized in the factory for manufacturing, inspecting and testing purposes. Some examples include mill fixtures, holding fixtures, assembly jigs, inspection gauges, special cuttings tools and special test equipment. All designs must take into consideration the part tolerances, product life, product volume, manufacturing capabilities, manufacturing costs, ergonomics and user safety.
List the top 3-7 key job responsibilities in order of importance, using action- and candidate-oriented statements
* Proficient in use of modern parametric 3D modeling and drafting software (UG NX preferred).
* Application knowledge of mechanical mechanisms, pneumatic and hydraulic actuation systems.
* Working knowledge of NC machine work holding techniques and practices.
* Background in NC machining centers and NC programming methods.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Working knowledge in geometrical dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T).
* Communicate effectively with a wide variety of personnel to gather design requirements for assigned tasks.
* Create tool designs utilizing 3D CAD modeling techniques while following standard design practices.
* Complete technical drawings that effectively communicate design intent to adequately tolerance tooling and meet all drawing standards.
* Maintain accurate documentation of tooling databases while maintaining configuration control and other required recordkeeping.
* Troubleshoot problems with existing tooling and provide potential solutions for manufacturing team.
* Continually improve knowledge of 3D modeling techniques and latest improvements in tooling design field.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Minimum High School degree.
* Associate's degree in machining technology or equivalent job experience preferred.
* Aerospace background a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.