4 months ago
Applies engineering principles to draft, design, modify and assist in the development of new fixtures or tooling, or required engineering changes. Provides component design checking and detail drafting from layouts or engineering direction.
Designs jigs, fixtures and tooling from original drawings of equipment designs, working from engineering sketches and marked prints. Prepares layout drawings and specification control drawings in support of feasibility studies or proposals.
Prepares cost and time estimates for assigned drawing and/or design work. Procures products from these drawings and develops sources for them.
Prepares technical specifications and cost benefit analysis for procurement of capital equipment. Liaises with management in the procurement process.
Follows company procedures, work instructions and guidelines in the design, layout, and documentation of company custom and standard products (i.e., procedure, classification coding, CAD drafting and archival guidelines).
Examines drawings and layouts for technical correctness and adherence to engineering standards. Provides quality and accuracy checks on drawings and other technical material.
Resolves mechanical and fabrication problems with designed or purchased parts used in design.
Coordinates with external vendors affected by design development. Provides scheduling, costing and technical information concerning the design.
Participates in projects as a team member and/or project team leader.
Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and translate to tooling design.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Thorough understanding of related company instructions, company processes and quality manuals.
* Thorough knowledge of computer aided design and drafting systems (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM).
* Working knowledge of gas turbine engines and specific product knowledge.
* College diploma in engineering design and drafting technology or related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
* Experience in the design of close tolerance tooling and/or detail drafting.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR Regulations.