2 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Tool Designer will develop and document tool designs for both development and production hardware for aerospace products such as ignition exciters, high tension leads, igniter plugs and sensors. This includes all sub-assemblies involved with these parts.
* Design tools and fixtures for production hardware and associated sub-components for aircraft applications
* Performs analytical calculations necessary for designing tooling and fixtures (tolerance stack-ups, fits, torque requirements, thermal expansion at various temperatures etc.)
* Detailed understanding of product design and processing to aid in definition of required tools / fixtures and materials to be used
* Ensure design will conform to application stresses and packaging requirements
* Work with Manufacturing, Production and NPD Manufacturing Engineering and Design Engineering across sites to assure that design producibility is achieved in a production environment, and assist in the assembly of experimental hardware to help optimize the manufacturing process
* Understanding and application of design geometric tolerancing
* Understanding of geometric tolerancing per Y14.5M-1994
* Understanding characteristics of materials used in design
* Seek to achieve maximum cost efficiency in design
* Work strategy with procurement for make / buy decisions on tooling and fixtures
* Carry out long term project assignments to implement capital expenditure equipment
* Make investment related to tooling strategies
* Prepares drawings using CAD system (Unigraphics NX-4 with Teamcenter experience preferred)
* Familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes – welding, brazing, assembly, machining, etc.
* Ability to develop tooling designs from piece part, assembly prints and solid models
* Interface with engineering on design for automation techniques
* Work design details and custom tooling with automation team for brilliant factory initiatives
* Analyze processes to identify opportunities for improvements, mistake proofing and simplification
* Understanding of other CAD systems and compatibility with NX
* Point of contact for tool suppliers, tool design suppliers and internal machine shop
* Development of tool and design suppliers
* Manage government tooling and government tooling audits
* Good knowledge of 3D printing technology
* Owner of 3D printing equipment from procurement to maintenance
* Manage tool request workflows and tooling databases
* Closely manage site tooling costs and work to implement new technology to continually reduce tooling costs and decrease tooling lead time
* Ability to design or source design of electrical testing equipment
* Data tagger trained and use of e-distrib
* Support and / or participate in Lean activities
* Design solutions for EHS related actions
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or with a group
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (Or an Associate’s Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited school or institution with a minimum of 2 years of work experience in tool design)
* Minimum of 3 years of work experience in tool design (Including Unigraphics experience)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Geometric tolerancing
* Excellent documentation skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to influence to drive results
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Florida; Jacksonville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
4 months ago
only 8 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close
4 days ago
only 24 days until close
3 days ago
only 25 days until close