about 1 year ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
Minimum Requirements: (Provide bullet points that indicate specific skills required for the position--example, computer programs; language skills, BSEE, etc.)
* Sets-up and operates Jig Bore mills by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, and stops using appropriate gauges and fixtures to check and assure all work and dimensional specs are met.
* Sets-up and operates dynamic balancing machine by installing and adjusting centers, belt, drives, controls to perform precision balancing of rotating shaft and gear/ shaft components.
* Assemble a variety of subassemblies, standard and special products by mechanically aligning components, bolting, riveting and pining pre-machined and prefabricated parts and assemblies through assembly blueprints in accordance with industry standards, company policy and procedures.
* 5+ years of experience with tool calculation and design experience
* Performs basic maintenance on machines and parts when necessary.
* 5+ years of hands on experience operating and setting-up manual machinist equipment.
* Demonstrated accurate fitting, aligning and adjusting required to very close tolerances or precision fits subject to strict inspection.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to standards and defined processes.
* Uses commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures involving these machines.
* Reads, interprets, understands and works from complex detailed drawings, blueprints, sketches, and specifications.
* Determines number of cuts required, and method of setup; while utilizing a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
* Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
Preferred Qualifications: (Provide bullet points that indicate skills or experience that would be helpful but not required for this position.)
* Must have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in the related field, though prefer candidate who has 5+ years of experience in the related filed.
* Must be able to set up and operate manual mills efficiently.
* Must have good mechanical skills.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Aerospace experience is preferred.
* Experience with close tolerance and high quality work. The ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods.
* Solid understanding of metal properties and use of precision/non-precision instruments.
* Strong basic math skills.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.