8 months ago
* Perform various weld processes (GTAW, Resistance) in various positions, automated welding, fabrication, etc., techniques and operations to a variety of metals such as stainless, Inco, cobalt, etc., and size variations to include .188-2.25” diameters/.028-.049” wall thicknesses, of tubing, fittings, and fabricated parts to produce aircraft engine hardware.
* Set up and maintain associated equipment, tools, turntables, etc., to produce parts to aircraft quality specifications in accordance with drawings, layouts, mylars, blueprints, and/or written instructions.
* Perform intermediate mathematical calculations; use precision gages/inspection measuring equipment, borescopes, fixturing, etc.; and interpret weld/fabrication/mechanical blueprints, sketches, layouts, engineering specifications and/or drawings, etc., to determine required weld and fabrication set-ups and operations to produce precision hardware.
* Set up and maintain equipment and tools.
* Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
* Training duties.
* Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
* Associate’s degree or Technical Certificate in weld-fabrication related field from an accredited college; OR
* High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2-years of experience in precision weld-fabrication disciplines; OR
* Demonstrated proficiency in the set -up and operation of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG) tools and equipment.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the set -up and operation of Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG), brazing, soldering, automated welding tools and equipment.
* Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical/weld/fabrication blueprint reading and interpretation.
* Experience in performing basic mathematical calculations.
* Experience in use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment such as, micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, special fixturing, etc.
* Demonstrated experience in fabrication-related disciplines.
* Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
* Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
* Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
* Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.