about 1 year ago
As Thin Film Lead Engineer, you will be a principal driver in the development of business-critical, proprietary Thin Film sensor / instrumentation technology for GE Aviation.
In this highly-visible, hands-on engineering role, you will :
* Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
* Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
* Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, or Chemistry from an accredited University or College (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of engineering, scientific or other sensor design-related experience)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position involving sensors / instrumentation design AND / OR sputter deposition, photovoltaic or related techniques)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* Experience with Gas Turbine Engines is highly preferred.
* Aviation engineering experience is preferred.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Knowledge / experience with application of both conducting and dielectric stacked films by sputter deposition
* Surface preparation via polishing, vapor honing, cleaning and plasma ash
* Sensor / lead configuration fabrication by means of photolithography using wet chemical etching
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Evendale, Ohio is the headquarters of GE Aviation & the largest GE Aviation facility. Today over 7,500 GE employees work in this Cincinnati suburb designing, developing, & manufacturing large commercial, military, marine & industrial engines. We enjoy a full service park which includes a golf course, soccer fields and much much more! As a GE Aviation employee you'll have access to special membership rates at the park. If you are looking for a workout close to work, visit the on-site Evendale Fitness Center. This user friendly workout facility includes an indoor track, Olympic size indoor pool, weight loss programs, weight training and more. Nearby Cincinnati is a three-state, 15-county region that offers world-class assets in arts and culture, amusements, hospitality, sports & recreation. It offers all of the amenities of a large, bustling metropolis while maintaining a friendly, small town atmosphere which makes the region a remarkably flexible location filled with a wealth of opportunities & options. Click here to learn more about Cincinnati and it's beautiful suburbs!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.