3 months ago
*** 1st Shift ***
* Train to follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to hardware.
* Train in the use of coating systems including the 9MC Plasma Spray system, and Metco Smart Arc.
* Train to plan, develop, write, revise, document, test, implement and control programs for robots as applicable.
* Train to operate blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components.
* Train to prepare and mask parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, tafa, antibond or metal masks prior to coating.
* Train to operate various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts.
* Train to remove masking, clean overspray and wash parts.
* Train to inspect surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating.
* Train to clean and maintain spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets.
* Train to participate in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross train in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Candidate is expected to be able to monitor jobs being thermal sprayed in 3 months.
* Candidate is expected to be able to spray basic jobs in 6 months to 1 year.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Must have a mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to read, understand work instructions
* Previous masking and blasting experience desired, but not necessary
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.