6 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58696BR Date posted 01/08/City Danbury
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of leading edge, future shaping technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what you do matters to the country and the warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are the world leaders in high altitude and space based electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting and protecting those who protect our freedom and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is seeking a SENIOR THERMAL ANALYSIS ENGINEER to provide technical support through finite element modeling, hand calculations, and testing of ground, air, and space based electro-optical systems. Responsibilities include the following:
* Support for all program execution phases including rapid conceptual iterations, proposal activities, preliminary/detailed design analysis, qualification testing, and manufacturing of assembled flight hardware
* Interact across multiple engineering disciplines, program functions, and customer representatives
* Define and maintain cost and schedule on individual activities
* Follow and use all development engineering design processes for the design of both space-flight and non-space-flight hardware while working in and with various Danbury Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to meet customer requirements. Maintain ownership of designs within the development process
* Work closely with Mechanical and Electrical Engineering to guide the design of flight and non-flight products that meet all operational performance requirements given all thermal loading constraints. Products range from advanced space-based optical systems/sensors to military laser warning sensors to spacecraft based navigation systems
* Provide support to the technical concept development, cost & schedule estimating, and new business pursuit processes in an effort to form complete and compliant proposals
* Defend all thermal design and analysis activities thru the coordination of, and preparation for, internal design peer reviews as well as technical and programmatic review milestones (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.) as necessary.
* A minimum of 5 years (10 years desired) of demonstrated related experience
* Proficiency with software tools Thermal Desktop/SINDA or FEMAP/TMG or equivalent
* Experience supporting both in-air and thermal vacuum testing of systems, along with correlation of test to analysis results
* Experience performing thermal analysis of circuit card assemblies including consideration of component thermal solder fatigue
* Experience as a lead thermal analyst on programs
* Experience supporting proposal activities including scheduling and budgeting exercises
* Experience in writing proposals and independent technical report preparation as well as technical presentation material preparation
* Knowledge of government and industry standards for military and space applications
* Ability to interface with various program managers, cell managers, and individual contributors within the engineering team
* Ability to occasionally work hands-on in a Clean Room or general lab Environment
* Experience with launch and on-orbit thermal environments, spacecraft finite element modeling and active and passive thermal control systems
* Experience with thermal analysis of optical systems, including windows, mirror assemblies, telescopes and electro-optical sensors
* A background in opto-mechanical, electro-mechanical, thermal and/or structural systems development
* Experience supporting thermal distortion analyses of optical system
US CITIZENSHIP required. Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD clearance and must hold or be able to obtain an SSBI-based clearance for SCI in an SAP environment.
Bachelor's degree or higher (Master’s degree highly preferred), in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other, as it relates to the requirements of this position.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.