3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
UTC Aerospace Systems, a division of United Technologies Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture, and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. UTC Aerospace Systems employs approximately 42,000 people worldwide with approximate annual sales of $14 billion. We currently have a Tester I FAA position open located in Vergennes, Vermont.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine.
This is a second shift position and the following schedule is: Monday-Friday 3:30pm to 12:00am.
* Under supervision, conducts functional acceptance tests and completes data collection activities of production units tested.
* Performs routine and repetitive testing per part specific test plan or test procedure, assist production engineers in executing test to verify nonconformance.
* Connect and monitor manufactured electro-mechanical products to Electronic Test Equipment in order to perform Environmental Testing that involves product exposure to stresses such as thermal cycling and vibration.
* This position requires a significant amount of standing/ walking and requires the individual to multitask between 10-20 different tests running in parallel in an area of 1,000 Sq/Ft.
* Perform functional testing per part specific pre-established test procedure.
* Monitor tests through completion, record test data, and service test equipment as required.
* Follows blueprints, guidelines and or diagram to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
* Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
* Accurately read and follow procedures, routing, and other work instructions.
* Demonstrate proper use of mechanical measuring devices.
* Perform proper loading and unloading of electronic equipment in test beds.
* Demonstrate proper use of electronic and manual test equipment.
* Work successfully in a team environment.
* Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certification as required.
* Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Handle multiple tasks.
* Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements as needed.
* Follow plans for production schedules and quality requirements.
* Understand end use of manufactured products.
* Understand and use computer tools such as SAP and accurately follow work instructions.
* Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
* Achieve special process certification where applicable.
* Train others for technical tasks as needed.
* Demonstrate an active role in problem-solving.
Qualification: We will only accept applicants from US Citizens for this role
* Must be able to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
* Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
* This is an FAA safety sensitive position and if selected the applicant will be required to be in the FAA Drug and Alcohol Pool.
This position falls under the FAA Drug and Alcohol Program. FAA regulations require that the candidate identified for this position will be subjected to random drug and alcohol testing while in this role.
* Background check and/or drug screen notification
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check required (re-hires who have been gone for <1 year)
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Education: Basic Qualification
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Working Computer Experience
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
* Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Production experience
* 1-3 years tester experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.