4 months ago
United Technologies Aerospace Systems, ISR Systems - Space & Defense, has over 60 years of experience in the design, build and test of exceptionally high quality Chem-Bio detection systems. The Pomona facility (formerly Consolidated Electronics, Perkin-Elmer, Orbital Sciences, and Hamilton- Sundstrand) delivers these high quality systems to customers such as NASA, DoD and DHS customers. The highly skilled team at Pomona produces unique systems for space as well as ground and undersea applications. We need you to become part of this team to deliver these complex systems that protect our armed forces and astronauts. Come join us today!
Perform Instrument System level acceptance testing & subassembly testing of complex chemical instruments for production test department at our UTC Aerospace Pomona, CA facility. The job involves preparing writing, reviewing, & modifying test procedures, setup up test benches for specific test to be performed, performing the testing of systems, assemblies, subassemblies, electronics, electromechanical, & sensor systems, preparing documentation of test results or of test discrepancies & performing the troubleshooting & failure analysis of the hardware under test, & to perform other tasks as defined by the Senior Test Engineer or the Test Department Manager.
Perform various technician functions associated with testing a variety of complex chemical instruments.
Minimum of 4+ year’s direct experience in electronic test and troubleshooting.
* Set up and operate a variety of test equipment
* Test electronic units using prescribed test procedures
* Configure and or verify regular test equipment to fit special tests
* Interpret & record test results
* Apply a variety of diagnostic tools to troubleshoot to component level
* Recognize and isolate test equipment failures with assistance
* Analyze test and rejection history to identify problems and develop corrective action
* Perform high potential testing
* Ability to read and process flowcharts, diagrams and basic engineering drawings
* Read & interpret assembly & test instructions, engineering prints & standards
* Understand applicable requirement of regulatory bodies such as UL, ANSI and the National Electrical Code (NEC)
* Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, labor charging, prints & standards)
* Generate Non-Conforming Material reject tags.
* Support Engineers on Engineering Evaluation Plans as required
* Recognize & take steps to resolve test/work area issues
* Maintain accurate records of all work performed
* Posses technical skills and abilities to work in a team environment
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Must be a US Person
Good reading, writing, & math skills; good computer skills; knowledge of office software apps; understand theory of electronic circuitry and electrical components; ability to read and interpret assembly/test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, and schematics. Ability to read, follow written and verbal instructions, use diagnostic and hand tools, effectively communicate and interact with others at all levels, understand and operate electronic test equipment and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Transport product with or without product carts, lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted; sit &/or stand at workbench/test stands for extended period of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time for perform test & troubleshooting tasks; distinguish colors & meet vision requirements.
Working with equipment with moving parts; high potential (voltage/current); in areas with high level of noise; chemicals; products of various weights and sizes. Be able to work in a team atmosphere and to shift priorities as needed.
Qualified candidate will have at least an Associate’s Degree and 4+ years of experience and or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in lieu of degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.