5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Test Lab Manager is responsible for leading the systems, electronics, and test engineering team to the successful completion of assigned projects in product development, field repairs, research and production support. They will be responsible to evaluate critical technical project status, related issues, and risk assessments and communicate with the Customer, Program Management, and Director of Engineering.
As the Test Lab Manager you will:
* Manage the design and execution of Assurance, Qualification, and Certification methods for new product validation in support of customer and agency needs (FAA, EASA, others)
* Represent the test team with internal and external customers
* Staff based on funding and demand
* Manage test rig design, development and maintenance
* Develop and implement lab equipment preventative maintenance system to minimize interruptions and maximize availability.
* Balance costs and stability using full-time, contract, and global resources as appropriate
* Actively coach for individual and team performance
* Drive safety and continuous improvement
* Be flexible and responsive to production needs
* Manage the design, documentation, and maintenance of production test rigs
* Identify and manage capital investments to support the mission of the lab infrastructure
* Achieve and maintain H2LA certification
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physical Science
* Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience
* Minimum of 10 years progressive responsibilities in engineering / design / quality function
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
* Experience in regulated industry - automotive, healthcare, aviation
* Experience with pneumatic, and electro-mechanical equipment testing
* Experience with lab electronic measurement systems including signal conditioning, noise abatement, and software
* MBA or other advanced degree
* Minimum of 10 years of experience managing people
* Minimum of 15 years of progressive engineering responsibility including managing or working in aviation test
* Aviation industry certification experience
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.