4 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Ensure a fully assembled system
* Integration, software tuning and testing of complex electromechanical devices
* Troubleshoot, rework, repairs down to the component level
* Ability to work to company deadlines to meet customer delivery dates
* Act as liaison with other departments
* Ensure proper documentation
* Generate Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's)
* Evaluate system to validate customer complaints and generate repair plan
* Work in teams to continuously improve operations and processes
* Afternoon shift work required (Start time ~3:00 pm)
* Strong Electronics and Mechanical background
* Familiar with troubleshooting techniques (root cause) and the ability to read technical drawings and schematics
* Experience with using various test equipment
* Strong professional customer relations skills
* Previous experience working within a Microsoft Office environment including knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Experience & Education Requirements
* 1 - 4+ years’ experience in the Electronics and Mechanical field desired
* Community College diploma in Electronics/Mechanical Technology or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing an asset
* Previous experience working in ISO 9000, AS9100 environment an asset
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Afternoon - 2nd
: Division L-3 Wescam