3 months ago
The Boeing Test & Evaluation (BT&E) Organization has a exciting opportunity for a mission systems aircraft Flight Test Conductor on the F/A-18 Kuwait test program. This is an important international program which will test several configuration changes in the F/A-18.
This position is based in Saint Louis, Missouri but, will require travel and a Domestic Temporary Assignment (DTA) to support testing at China Lake, California.
* Supports the development and verification of test methods.
* Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
* Leads the aircraft test team thru daily test execution, which includes test mission planning, flight cards, briefings/debriefings, test monitoring, test reporting, etc.
* Reviews test data.
* Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements.
* Presents test results internally.
* Archives data and reports.
* Works under general direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* More than 1 year of flight test and evaluation experience.
* More than 1 year of experience in test planning, setup, execution and reporting
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* More than 1 year of experience supporting a military flight test program.
* Previous experience as a Flight Test Conductor.
* Flight sciences test experience.
* Excellent leadership, team building, analytical, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
* Ability to coordinate requirements with various technical disciplines.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award