about 1 year ago
Test Engineering Technician 3/)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Test Engineering Technician 3/4 (AES)
Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EMPOWER® product line. We are also a leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our COREPOWER® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at 28% average growth rate over the last 5 years. AES, based in Kirkland Washington, has 500 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 10 years consecutively.
The Test Engineering Technician will perform a wide variety of technical tasks assisting test engineers in the development of production test equipment and supporting production as assigned in their maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Construct, fabricate and test production and engineering test fixtures from engineering drawings and verbal instructions.
* Troubleshoot and maintain production and engineering fixtures as required. May also include maintenance of thermal chambers and vibration systems. Career emphasis on troubleshooting and complex circuit analysis strongly preferred.
* Coordinate work effort with other groups as required.
* Create documentation for fixtures that will be used in future maintenance. Documentation for production fixtures must be suitable for formal release.
* Write and revise procedures in support of fixtures and programs.
* Coordinate with minimal supervision and high personal initiative.
Associates degree preferred
Five years related experience
Experience with the following:
Constructing, fabricating and testing test fixtures
Troubleshooting and maintaining production & engineering fixtures
Maintaining thermal chambers and vibration systems
Documentation creation that will be used in future maintenance
Writing and revising procedures
Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.