11 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
Advanced Thermal Sciences Corporation (ATS), is a leading supplier of temperature control systems (TCS). Markets served include semiconductor/microelectronics, solar, laser, food and beverage, aerospace, military, and more. ATS manufactures standard and custom engineered products to provide customers with the right solution. Advanced Thermal Sciences (ATS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of B/E Aerospace.
The test engineer will work with manufacturing to test all assemblies both in process and final prior to shipment. Works with repair department to completed initial diagnosis and troubleshoot return units that are both in warranty and unit upgrade. They will also work closely with the test manager and engineering to develop new test procedures and equipment prior to initial build. Actively works with the test team to implement automated test processes for improved productivity. Is a key team member for identification of root cause of returned units and implementation of complete corrective actions.
* Complete acceptance testing, burn-in and temperature / vibration testing processes as per testing procedures.
* Complete all necessary data sheets and compliance documentation for final tested unit.
* Complete initial turn on and diagnosis of return units as per ATP guidelines.
* Detailed troubleshooting of unit (return, in process, and final) for repair and rework.
* Completion of all internal travelers and work order information to document complete test process.
* Work with manager and engineering to create new testing procedures and equipment.
* Implement test automation to drive productivity improvements
* Collect and implement corrective action to drive FPY improvement through test department
* Review all engineering and manufacturing documentation for complete accuracy of unit completion
* Lead team in RCCA on returned units and drive improvement on in warranty and out of warranty rates.
* Inspects parts, assemblies and finished products in accordance with contract specifications and/or legal requirements; follows company’s inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
* Performs Acceptance Test Procedure/Plan (ATP). Verifies apparatus and equipment for conformance to electrical, mechanical and other requirements using various kinds of electrical and mechanical test equipment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any related field.
* Minimum 5 – years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work and life experience.
* Excellent Computer skills – Programming, MS Products, Auto-CAD and ERP systems
* Equipment skills - Ohm meter, oscilloscope, thermal chamber experience, vibration table operation
* Good team work and can work with minimum supervision
* Highly analytical and very keen on details
* Effective oral and written communication skills
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.