6 months ago
Test Engineer III
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace South Bend is seeking a Test Engineer III to support the analytical lab activities within the Materials Engineering organization. This is a challenging, multi-dimensional role that requires the individual to multi-task across several concurrent tasks and assignments. The work will be supporting Engineering and the ISC Customers on Aerospace and high performance braking materials. Will participate in development of a range of Lab Procedures and Techniques.
This role focuses on site specific applications and engineering assignments. In this role, the candidate will interact with Engineering and ISC Production functions to provide support to various programs. These activities include process development, generation/modification of specifications, production support, development and execution of self-directed technical projects to support program activities. The successful candidate will interface with multiple functional groups and engineering levels across the South Bend site as well as other Honeywell locations. It is expected that the ideal candidate will apply their existing analytical knowledge to solve program issues and drive additional work into the laboratories to support the Technical staff. Technical skills include a broad understanding of separation sciences in support of chemical processes in Production.
The analytical support role will focus on the development of technical expertise to provide daily technical support and oversight to analytical Chemistry Laboratory operations, demonstrating a broad understanding of chemicals and chemistry. The candidate will primarily perform hands-on work on a variety of analytical instruments, including GC/MS, LC/MS, FTIR, and XRD and other analytical instruments. In addition, the candidate will provide direction and technical assistance to laboratory engineers and technicians, ensure quality of all Chemistry work performed in the lab, develop analytical test plans and Standard Work / Operating Procedures, review test reports for accuracy, maintain safety requirements, meet department metrics for cycle/charge time and develop long and short range vision for lab operations. It is expected that the candidate will become a subject matter expert for all analytical chemistry related issues at the site and provide support to other locations as needed.
Lead Requirements creation and trace matrix
Oversee project Architecture and Concept designs
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
* 5+ years of proven experience in hands-on development / operation of analytical instruments such as GC/MS, LC/MS, XRD, and, FTIR spectrometers, etc.
* Master’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
* Experience with Aerospace materials and processes
* Experience as a work leader for technical staff
* Experience in other laboratory techniques/instrumentation such as SEM/EDS, ICP-MS / ICP-OES, DSC, TGA, TMA, XRF, etc.
* Ability to work well in a Team environment, with preference given to a candidate with experience in developing and leading peer cross-training activities
* The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents including Work Instructions, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner, and working with scientific staff to ensure accuracy of Laboratory product analyses
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Some Travel Required
* 1st Shift
* Continued Professional Development
* Job ID: HRD27050
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 3520 Westmoor St, South Bend, INUSA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.