8 months ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Entry-Level Test Engineer in the Parker Aerospace Control Systems Division, working in the Qualification Test Laboratory. An engineer in this position uses customized laboratory equipment to perform tests on a variety of Parker products. These products include hydraulic flight-control actuators, hydraulic manifolds, electro-mechanical aircraft actuators, or electronic boxes. Testing includes environmental tests (water, humidity, salt fog etc.), performance and structural tests. In this position, you will be trained by a senior test engineer to write procedures, perform tests, analyze data and produce reports per Parker’s best practices. These reports will be the basis for which the tested aircraft is certified to be safe to fly.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Has Direct Reports X Does Not Have Direct Reports
1. Set up and document qualification tests per existing Qualification Test Procedures. This includes:
• Work with technicians to verify that the test setup matches the figures shown in the test procedure
• Create test data sheets to document the test results, and use Parker’s standard forms to document test setups
• Conduct test readiness reviews with internal and external customers
• Work with outside laboratories to perform environmental tests
2. Perform Qualification Testing per existing Qualification Test Procedures. Work with technicians to capture the correct data during each test. Use Parker’s data reduction software (Labview-based “DIAdem”) to generate data plots. Format and label the plots to show clearly that each test requirement has been met.
3. Create test reports that summarize the tests performed.
4. Assist Design Engineers with failure troubleshooting of the tested units when necessary.
5. Provide test status to program management
6. Learn Parker’s processes and learn how to work within the company.
1. Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Electrical Engineering
2. Computer skills (MS Office, CAD System experience, programming experience a plus)
3. Technical Writing skills (procedures, reports)
4. Hands-on experience with hydraulics or electro-mechanical actuation is a plus
Test Engineering is a challenging but rewarding responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer to gain a wide breadth of knowledge. As a test engineer, you will work with all functional organizations within this company (calibration, procurement, shipping, inspection, design etc.) and will gain hands-on experience with multiple pieces of instrumentation. We are looking for someone that intends to create a career here at Parker.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)