5 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Systems Test Engineer will be responsible for aerospace product test life-cycle from system test requirements development, design and development of test equipment, verification and validation of test equipment.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. The role of Test Engineer follows an individual work plan and meets day-to-day short-term objectives. You will have the ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition, as the Test Engineer, you will:
* Be responsible for system level testing for aircraft electrical power generation
* Make technical presentations at various design reviews and technical meetings
* Support new programs with inputs for testability and maintainability early in the design cycle
* Provide the technical knowledge to rapidly prototype test equipment to meet new requirements
* Act as a technical liaison with vendors when test equipment is purchased outside
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or
3 years of engineering experience in the design of aircraft systems and simple
have experience with use of CAD
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Experience with high power test equipment
* Strong project management skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong problem solving and math skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Naturally curious and desire to learn
* Knowledge of electrical, electronics, electro-mechanical troubleshooting
* Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatics and temperature controls and troubleshooting
* Experience in Labview, C / C++, Python or other programming languages
* Experience with eCAD tools
* Experience with high speed / high power motor and gearbox systems
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Ohio; Dayton
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.