10 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53069BR Date posted 08/29/City Hood River
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) TASE Imaging Systems are the Preferred Tactical ISR Solution, providing superior image quality and offer the lowest size, weight and power (SWaP) requirement in the industry. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned and manned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
Piccolo Autopilots provide industry leading, compact, modular flight management for unmanned systems. Offering thin form factor, flexible I/O, and expanded capability for advanced applications, Piccolo products are proven in military operations, public safety missions and commercial projects.
UTAS’s Hood River location, Cloud Cap Technology, is looking for a Test Engineer.
As a Test Engineer you will be working in a cross-functional team of engineers supporting design, development, and fielding of TASE and Piccolo systems.
Execution of Engineering Projects:
* Work closely with the Technical Lead and test lead, and functional team to implement test requirements and scope aspects of the test system.
* Assist with Design and develop Test Systems to support production Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) Testing. As well as engineering test to include Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Design Verification Testing (DVT), and prototype development.
* Daily technical interaction with program, project, electrical, software, hardware, mechanical, test and quality groups within the division
* Develop error budgets as necessary to support test requirements.
* Assist with planning, managing, and creation of test plans and procedures, including flight test of systems
* Execute test plans and procedures, including flight test of systems.
* Executes test engineering tasks with minimal amount of supervision and direction from the Test lead, Technical lead, or Engineering Manager
* Defines detailed testing tasks collaboratively with the project test team
Level of Responsibility:
* Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline
* Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline
* Works with moderate guidance on projects
* Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge
* Test experience in a design/development environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to facilitate frequent interaction with internal disciplines
* Critical competencies: Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Technical Skills, Interpersonal Savvy
* Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Effective Teamwork.
* The position requires ability to work in an aircraft test environment, including flight line integration, and system test flying in a Cessna 182
* Experience with opto-mechanical systems.
* Experience with software intensive systems.
* Experience with user experience testing including MIL-STD-1472
* Familiarity/expertise with MIL testing/qualifications including e.g. MIL-STD 461, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704 qualification
* Test experience in a production environment
* Development life-cycle knowledge including requirements, design, development, and integration with an emphasis on validation, verification and qualification
Must be a US Citizen
Education: Typical Education: AA/AS degree w/5-10 years’ experience, BS degree w/2–5+ years’ experience, MS degree w/0-2+ years’ experience
Preferred Education: Electro-mechanical technology, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics. Additional training in unit/component/system test, remote sensing systems and domains desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.