12 months ago
The Accounting- Temporary Worker Program is a provisional employment opportunity that has been the starting point for many
of our current employees. Many accounting professionals began their career with American Airlines as a temporary worker. It's a
strategic investment of your time that can lead to a promising career with us. If you are looking to start your career in Accounting
and Finance, the temporary worker program can be “your foot in the door”.
During your tenure as a temporary worker, we'll work with you to find the right positions based on your education and former
employment. You'll be able to visit various departments within American to help you better understand our company and make
informed decisions about your future career path with us. We'll support your search for a full-time permanent position by providing
assistance with resume writing and interview techniques that will prepare you for internal interviews at American Airlines.
What does an Accounting- Temporary Worker do?
Accounting temporary workers are responsible for providing clerical support and back-up predominantly to Accounts Payable as
well as varying support and back-up to other Finance Department staff. The length of assignments can vary with a maximum of
six (6) months and may be located at corporate offices, airports or other field locations.
Here are some of the key responsibilities:
6 months to 2 years’ accounts payable and/or general ledger accounting experience
Highly detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Ability to meet deadlines with a great sense of urgency and accuracy
Execute basic research functions within SAP software.
Create/update Microsoft Excel files
Assist in monthly closings as needed
Performs general accounting tasks/duties (e.g. conducts audits, reconciles accounts, completes debit memos, completes
journal vouchers, etc.)
Assists in performing quality control duties (e.g. completes quality audits)
Researches and resolves accounting discrepancies in a timely manner, including correspondence with external contacts,
Responsible for various accounting related functions
The rate of pay for this position is $12.65 per hour. Temporary workers have the benefit of applying for the Company's internal
vacancies on the first day of their assignment. However, the temporary position does not include employee medical benefits or
* High School diploma or GED
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus
* Experience in high-volume, fast-paced accounting environments in which daily performance expectations are
* assigned and measured, strongly preferred
* Minimum typing skill of 35 W.P.M.
* 10 key touch
* Possess excellent office, organizational and communication skills
* Proficiency in Excel and Word
* Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
* Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security
* identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
* Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
* Must have acceptable credit, which will be verified if required for the department
Additional Locations: Ft Worth, TX
Requisition ID: 17648
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Accounting, Accounts Payable, Financial, Clerical, ERP, Finance, Administrative, Technology