4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
This position is located in our Miramar, FL MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul) plant. Selected candidates are expected to perform varied and moderately complex tasks following department standard work.
Must be able to assemble, disassemble, inspect, and final prep various components with the designated cell under moderate to minimal supervison.
* Customer Satisfaction
* Employee Training & Accountability
* ACE – Continuous improvement / Involvement
* Time Management
* Environmental Health & Safety
* Actively participate in ACE continuous improvement and environmental, health and safety activities
* Remain informed of and understand delivery performance goals for the team.
* Work closely with supervisors and other support personnel to resolve problems
* Entering and retrieving information from computer systems to perform daily activities
* Demonstrating safe work habits and maintaining neat and orderly work area
* Follow specific instructions and use all required equipment to perform assigned work according to FAA and company regulations
* Interface with customers ( government personnel or auditors ) as necessary
* Inspect and disposition components and modules.
* Rework/ repair, scrap, and replace/order components, modules, and LRU’S as required
* Assemble, disassemble, clean, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair all types of manufactured electronic accessory components as required
* Test components as required
* Check clearances, tolerances, and alignment, making necessary replacements and adjustments to assure conformance to specified configurations
* Record data to accept or reject criteria to approved maintenance data
* Identify proper parts with part number and serialization
* Verify electrical continuity, insulation resistance testing, and dielectric testing of elector mechanical devices
* Independently follow through on job assignments
* Resolving questions and problems, refers only the most complex issues to hiher levels
EH&S Key Job Responsibilities
* Support site’s EH&S program
* Comply with EH&S cardinal rules
* Comply with EH&S policies and PPE requirements
* Attend all required training
* Report near misses and unsafe acts
* Support site’s Wellness Program
* 3 – 6 years of technician experience
* Must be computer literate; ability to input and retrieve information
* Must have basic troubleshooting knowledge; ability to measure gauges and test equipment
* Must have good analytical skills; ability to identify root causes of problems and provide possible solutions
* Must be able to follow instructions under direct and non-direct supervision
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English with our without assistance; ability to interpret data
* Mechanic or Repair Station Certificate required per 14 CFR part 65.
* A&P, FCC, Military Technical education/training
* Journeyman license
Miramar is a FAA regulated facility and as such under the U.S Department of Transportation’s Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) this position is considered a Safety Sensitive Position.
Under this regulation, selected candidate will participate in a drug testing program.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* High School Diploma or equivalent (including specialized courses or short-term training)
* Associates degree
* Technical/ Business school certificate or diploma
* Skilled trades apprenticeship
* Other post high school training (2 year duration)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.