about 1 year ago
SUMMARY Builds and performs tests on systems and components to determine operability, quality, performance, and suitability. Troubleshoots repairs and modifies as appropriate. May have a title which describes an area of specialty, such as electronics, electrical, mechanical, chemical, metallurgical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Operates standard equipment in test and process environments.
* Follows prescribed work methods in accomplishment of assignments.
* Maintains proper laboratory and test records and files.
* Sets up tests and performs evaluations on products and components as required by the company.
* Inspects, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and suggest application of standard or non-standard techniques.
* Performs such individual assignments as supervisors and superiors may direct ensures adequate and continuous controls are exercised over all assigned activities affecting quality establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Commitment to company values and ethics.
* Dependability personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
* Motivation must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy Organization very detail oriented and always comes prepared
* Communication excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills Initiative plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
* Analytical skills must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE
* Associates degree AA or equivalent from two year college or technical school or four years related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong electromechanical skills as typically evidenced by experience and an Associates Degree in mechanical or electronic technology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position is a warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional warehouse environment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds and comply with OSHA standards Works at telephone answering equipment, design equipment, and at a PC for hours at a time
: United States
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran